Taking care of your health is important!
May 5, 2007 by Peter Jameson
You can play an important part in taking care of your health and that of your family.
People are becoming more and more aware that there are many alternatives to prescription drugs and that prevention is much better than cure.
Over-the-counter (OTC) drugs are playing an increasingly important role in health systems world wide because they offer many advantages to prescribed medications.
What are some of the advantages?
- Their benefits outweigh their risks and the potential for misuse is very low.
- The consumer can use them for self-diagnosed conditions and they are almost always adequately labelled.
- Since no health practitioner is needed there is a very large cost saving for those who don't have medical insurance and a huge saving in time for everyone since no visit to a professional is necessary.
- They can be purchased locally at a drugstore, a pharmacy, at your local supermarket or perhaps best of all for many people, on-line.
- Buying on-line is best suited to those who can wait a day or so for their medication and for those who have a recurring malady.
- In many cases the delay is no longer than waiting for an appointment with a doctor and the cost saving is generally enormous.